I can’t say I was part of the 60’s, nor do I have a special connection to the historical events. Yet, individuals like my parents lived this decade. According to them, the 60’s were a time of contemplation and global awareness. A time of love and acepptance, and a time when transcendence thru drug use was the only way for people to escape the politics of goverment.
There's another side of the 1960's that many would rather forget. Some people call the 60's the "Decade of Death", when Martin Luther King, Bobby and JFK were assasinated, and civil rights activists were murdered by white supremacists.
Terrible Events of the 60's
Image © Forgotten Heroes
Welcome to Friends Revolution
- Who Knew Pancakes could help you Lose Weight!
- 10 of the Most Notoriously Evil Medieval Torture Weapons
- The Most Evil Men and Women in History
- Lost at Sea: Shipwrecks
- Ed Gein The Wisconsin Grave Robber and Butcher of Plainfield
- Why Invest in Cruise Holiday Insurance?
- 36 Ridiculous Metaphors That We All Use or Maybe Not
- Turquoise Ice in Lake Baikal
- $75 Million Dollar Versailles Mansion in Orlando, Florida For Sale
- Jack the Ripper and Gary Ridgeway A Connection