Wieliczka is one of the oldest documented salt mines in Europe, often called the "Underground Salt Cathedral of Poland". Rock salt was mined at Wieliczka from the Middle Ages up until the 20th century. The mine sprawls over nine floors and reaches heights of 1,072 feet below the surface. It includes 2040 chambers and more than 186 miles of galleries, 26 surface shafts, and 180 connecting caverns.
Now one rollerblader, Greg Mirzoyan, has done what many of us are terrified to do without helmets. Bomb down the salt mine. Check it out!
Welcome to Friends Revolution
- Who Knew Pancakes could help you Lose Weight!
- 10 of the Most Notoriously Evil Medieval Torture Weapons
- The Most Evil Men and Women in History
- Lost at Sea: Shipwrecks
- Ed Gein The Wisconsin Grave Robber and Butcher of Plainfield
- Why Invest in Cruise Holiday Insurance?
- 36 Ridiculous Metaphors That We All Use or Maybe Not
- Turquoise Ice in Lake Baikal
- $75 Million Dollar Versailles Mansion in Orlando, Florida For Sale
- Jack the Ripper and Gary Ridgeway A Connection