The XB-19 landing gear wheel and tire was the world’s largest in the early 1940’s. The tire was donated to the National Museum of the Us Air Force in Dayton, Ohio by Ben W. Colbourn Co, Inc, Tulare, California.
The Douglas XB-19 was originally designated XBLR-2 (Experimental Bomber - Long Range) and was the largest bomber built for the Army up to that time (1938). Only three aircraft were given XBLR designations: the Boeing XBLR-1 (later renamed XB-15), the XB-19 and the Sikorsky XBLR-3 (a design study that was never built).
Welcome to Friends Revolution
- 10 of the Most Notoriously Evil Medieval Torture Weapons
- Turquoise Ice in Lake Baikal
- Who Knew Pancakes could help you Lose Weight!
- Ed Gein The Wisconsin Grave Robber and Butcher of Plainfield
- The Most Evil Men and Women in History
- Lost at Sea: Shipwrecks
- Submit An Article
- Tornado's: Wild Twisters Out West
- Legendary Bronze Amulet Depicting Demon God Pazuzu
- Berawan Secondary Burials And Why They Think American Burials Are Bizarre