The Great Mound of Knowth was built over 5000 years ago, probably after the construction of Newgrange and before the construction of Dowth. The Great Mound at Knowth is similar in size to Newgrange and is surrounded by 18 smaller satellite mounds. The archaeological site at Knowth has two passages with entrances on opposite sides, the western passage is 34 metres long and the eastern passage is 40 metre long, ending with a cruciform chamber.
The main mound contains two passage tombs, entered from the east and west. The western side is 34 meters long and the eastern passage is 40 meters long ending in a cruciform. The eastern passage can be glimpsed from an excavated chamber.
Read More: Mounds of Knowth By Ron Siojo
Welcome to Friends Revolution
- Who Knew Pancakes could help you Lose Weight!
- 10 of the Most Notoriously Evil Medieval Torture Weapons
- The Most Evil Men and Women in History
- Lost at Sea: Shipwrecks
- Ed Gein The Wisconsin Grave Robber and Butcher of Plainfield
- Why Invest in Cruise Holiday Insurance?
- 36 Ridiculous Metaphors That We All Use or Maybe Not
- Turquoise Ice in Lake Baikal
- $75 Million Dollar Versailles Mansion in Orlando, Florida For Sale
- Jack the Ripper and Gary Ridgeway A Connection