It's hard not to be touched and enamored by Ted Williams, an ex radio announcer, who is now unfortunetly homeless.
Ted Williams was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. At the age of 14 he went on a field trip to meet an area announcer and he quickly found that the man's voice didn't match his appearance. The announcer told Ted that Radio is defined, "Theater of mind". You don't have to have a gleaming and shiny appearance to make the world love you. Just a voice to sooth the minds and hearts of listeners.
Williams tells the Columbus Dispatch about his struggles, but thankfully "alcohol and drugs and a few other things" haven't diminished Williams' velvety vocal cords, and he says he's two years clean now.
Being I'm originally from Ohio and quite familiar with The Morning Zoo, I was thrilled to hear that Williams will be appearing on the morning show after they saw his You-tube performance. A lot is about to change for this man with the Golden Voice of Radio.
Welcome to Friends Revolution
- 10 of the Most Notoriously Evil Medieval Torture Weapons
- The Most Evil Men and Women in History
- Interesting and Stylish Kitchen Sinks for Your Special Abode
- Serial Killer Jane Toppan
- Lost at Sea: Shipwrecks
- Berawan Secondary Burials And Why They Think American Burials Are Bizarre
- Robert Hansen: Alaska Murderer
- 36 Ridiculous Metaphors That We All Use or Maybe Not
- World Record Broken:Tallest Man Emerges
- Tornado's: Wild Twisters Out West