9/30/2010 07:51:00 PM by Lauren Axelrod ·
I've seen it in on farms, in a restaurant I purchased several years ago as a form of shelving, and in gardens, but I've never seen chicken wire used for art. It's an amazing product to use when forming art, covered with paper mache. I remember making an elephant back in high school out of chicken wire. Of course, it was completely covered and painted with raw materials.
About the Artist
Born in Nairobi, Kenya, Ivan spent his childhood in Africa, England, Wales and Germany. When not outside enjoying the natural environment, Ivan was drawn to all forms of artistic expression, and began drawing birds and African wildlife. As an adult, Ivan worked mostly in construction, but art was always an important part of his life.
Check out the collection and article over at Lifeartworks
Welcome to Friends Revolution
- 10 of the Most Notoriously Evil Medieval Torture Weapons
- Lost at Sea: Shipwrecks
- 36 Ridiculous Metaphors That We All Use or Maybe Not
- Who Knew Pancakes could help you Lose Weight!
- Ed Gein The Wisconsin Grave Robber and Butcher of Plainfield
- The Most Evil Men and Women in History
- Why Invest in Cruise Holiday Insurance?
- Turquoise Ice in Lake Baikal
- Jack the Ripper and Gary Ridgeway A Connection
- The Many Faces of Barcelona