13 Deadliest Mushrooms on the Planet

5/11/2009 12:44:00 PM ·


Looks are deceiving. False Morels are beautiful but deadly. This mushroom species seems delicious. It is, but it's potentially fatal if eaten raw. It is a popular delicacy in Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, and the upper Great Lakes region of North America. This mushroom's toxin is the gyromitrin and affects the liver, central nervous system and the kidneys. Symptoms of poisoning involve vomiting and diarrhea several hours after consumption, followed by dizziness, lethargy and headache. Severe cases may lead to delirium, coma and death after 5-7 days.


Read More about the 13 Deadliest Mushrooms on the Planet

Written by Norbert Bermosa

Related Articles
14 Amazingly Unique Plants | Nine Deadliest Snake in the World

Post a Comment

Welcome to Friends Revolution. We love comments, but we delete spam.

HINT: We encourage comments that indicate an opinion on the post(meaning you've read it) or will help the readers. Comments such as "I like it" or "Nice Post" will be DELETED!

Please feel free to leave your opinions.

Welcome to Friends Revolution

 
Simrandeep Singh